- 404,648 hits
Stuart Certain on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort… Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort… claire1998888 on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort… stumpyuk (@stumpyuk) on Can we fix Britain’s Big… trev on Can we fix Britain’s Big…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (7)
- Uncategorized (14)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (157)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- About My Hobby for Non-Gamers: An Introduction to the 5th Edition Ars Magica Roleplaying Game
- Running Ars Magica - advice for new story guides, part one
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- Are Ghosts Hallucinations?
- Responding to Hayley: The Medium & The Message Revisited
- A Suffolk Tragedy --The Red Barn Murder; Polstead, Suffolk, 1828
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Can we fix Britain's Big Cat Flap?
Tag Archives: Paranormal
OK, I’m back from the ASSQP Conference, and yes this might change things forever at least for a lot of small paranormal groups. It won’t however effect anyone outside the UK, but basically, from what we were told, ASSAP, the Association for Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena has been recognised by the UK government as the Professional Body of “paranormal investigators”. That does not mean the UK Government believes in the paranormal in any way: far from it, all it means is that it recognises that “paranormal investigators” deal with potentially distressed clients, and that it is in the public interest to allow some form of self regulation of the sector.
In fact, sceptic or believer, I would seriously suggest you consider taking the course. I just saw on Twitter that enrollment for the latest run has opened, so please do consider it. Continue reading
“And sometimes he’s so nameless”
My Own Ghost Story
Posted in Paranormal, Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life by Chris Jensen Romer on March 5, 2010 Edit This
Time to tell ghost stories!
OK, here is my ghost story. It was the reason for my involvement in parapsychology, and almost twenty years on I believe it to be true, but no longer can rely on memory. This account was written in 2001 (for a book introduction, hence narrative/genre style).
“It was 1987 and I was at a wargames meeting with four friends, all aged about the same as me – I was the youngest at just about to turn 18. We were driving through a town called Thetford in Norfolk, England, when one of us needed the loo badly, so we turned in to a cul-de-sac off the flyover which runs through the middle of town, looking for an alley or something for a call of nature! Continue reading
The Society for Psychical Research (SPR) are probably known to many readers of this blog: I first joined back in 1992, was a member for a couple of years, and after a fifteen year hiatus have recently once again become an Associate member. Some of you may still be storing SPR Journals and Proceedings for me – if so thanks! Perhaps some readers would consider joining up? Continue reading
I just wrote this on the UK Skeptic’s forum, in response to this article by Chris Sherwood here on the same subject. I think mine is closer to the truth 🙂 And before you panic, it’s not autobiographical – these … Continue reading
It’s hard to believe it is fourteen years since I wrote this piece, and it reflects my ideas at that time. I have however, with some embarrassment as some of my ideas have changed, reproduced it here. I hope it … Continue reading
OK, we have all been there. A frightened friend tells us of how they woke up, pinned to the bed by an invisible entity, struggled to speak or move but could not — or worse, saw the THING sitting on their chest… and I’ll avoid all the obvious jokes about ex-girlfriends and move on to the point. 🙂 Continue reading