- 270,909 hits
A Futurist vision -… on The Futurist Movement; Italian… Debra Boyd on My Own Ghost Story Chris Jensen Romer on My Own Ghost Story Chris Jensen Romer on My Own Ghost Story Chris Jensen Romer on My Own Ghost Story
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (78)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (17)
- Games (42)
- History (35)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (120)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (75)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (79)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (5)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (150)
- The Futurist Movement; Italian Art & History - a very short introduction
- A Suffolk Tragedy --The Red Barn Murder; Polstead, Suffolk, 1828
- Running Ars Magica - advice for new story guides, part one
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- The One About How CJ came to LARP... Part One: The late 1970s/ early 1980's
- How I came to organise a Convention (and why you probably should too!).
Tag Archives: JSPR
“OK, I’m in a playful mood. Last week I ended with a promise – that we would create a “ghost” in the lab, or our own homes, and experiment with it. And that, dear reader, is exactly what we are going to do today… if you want to!
I will skip the philosophical stuff, and the discussion of the cases I referenced last time for now – Campermon wants science, and while I think we have been doing science from the start let’s play with something empirical. Let’s see a ghost! Continue reading
The Society for Psychical Research (SPR) are probably known to many readers of this blog: I first joined back in 1992, was a member for a couple of years, and after a fifteen year hiatus have recently once again become an Associate member. Some of you may still be storing SPR Journals and Proceedings for me – if so thanks! Perhaps some readers would consider joining up? Continue reading
Anyway the summer of 1993 saw me reasonably well versed in parapsychology, and how to investigate a “haunting”. That summer I was contacted by a gentleman who owned a small hotel, and who stated his family who lived there had been troubled by a series of ghostly happenings – could we do something about it? Immediately we have a problem – I want to investigate ghosts, but people who call me usually wanted to get rid of them! I am a researcher, not an exorcist, no not even a ghostbuster! Fortunately a few months earlier we had also met a psychic claimant, Morven, who asked to be tested to see if her mediumship was genuine, or self delusion, or something else! Continue reading