- 408,644 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- My Father: Eulogy for Gunnar Romer.
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Richard Wiseman's Paranormality: A good, but fundamentally limited book?
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- How To See A Ghost - At Home!
- Studying the Paranormal: serious online courses in Parapsychology
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Why Everything We Think We Know About Ghosts Is (Probably!) Wrong
- Who Ya Gonna Call? The Problem with British Ghosthunting
- The Case Against "Paranormal Unity"; or why Ghost Hunters have become meaningless.
Tag Archives: Susan Blackmore
Long time readers of this blog will know I am a genuine fan of Professor Chris French — he is brilliant, hard working, and actually investigates claims, and like Professor Wiseman avoids making the “rationalist myths” howlers that most of … Continue reading →
I am aware of the byzantine politics of the Spiritualist movement, and the complex theological, administrative and personality clashes which sometimes (always?) arise. In this the Spiritualist National Union is much like any other church, or much like any other organisation, be it poetry club or gardening society.
In those two factors, economic issues and doubtless some political manoeuvring we see the immediate reasons for the decline of Psychic News (a newspaper that as long term reader of this blog may recall once featured me on the front page!). It is a shame, but possibly to be expected. And yet… Continue reading →