- 328,506 hits
Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E… Denn on Eostre never existed???: why E… Kate Jay-R on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (80)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (19)
- Games (44)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (122)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (79)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (81)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (6)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (154)
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- Is this a ghost in Cheltenham's Playhouse Theatre?
- Studying the Paranormal: serious online courses in Parapsychology
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- How I came to organise a Convention (and why you probably should too!).
- Dunwich, Anno Domini 1988!
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Why Do Ghosts Go "Woo"? Part One.
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
Tag Archives: Ghosthunting
So as Martin Gardner said, I think the decline of traditional religious belief may actually underlie, rather than be the opposite of, this explosion of popular ghosthunting. Still a great article by Hayley, and got me thinking as normal. Now I really must go do some work! Continue reading
Back in the summer Becky and I went ghost hunting with some rather unusual chaps — The League of Gentlemen. We had an excellent night, and met the League – Pemberton, Dyson, Shearsmih and Gatiss — reunited for the first … Continue reading
I wrote this update for Facebook fans of my little ghost research group, GSUK. I thought I may as well share it on my blog as well! We maintain a quiet but social forum, and are always delighted to welcome … Continue reading
Yesterday (Halloween) Becky and I attended the SPR Study Day on Poltergeists. I won’t be writing a review for my blog as I have been asked to write a review for the SPR magazine The Paranormal Review but obviously the subject is one of considerable interest. I have been fascinated for nearly twenty years with Poltergeist/RSPK cases, and have participated in a number of investigations (one minor one is reported elsewhere in an earlier post on this blog). I have a very real interest in following up any case – those who feel they may be experiencing something of this nature are welcome to drop me an email at email@example.com and if nothing else I can put you in touch with the SPR Spontaneous Cases committee, or perhaps offer some advice and support. Continue reading
It’s hard to believe it is fourteen years since I wrote this piece, and it reflects my ideas at that time. I have however, with some embarrassment as some of my ideas have changed, reproduced it here. I hope it … Continue reading
I said I’d write something about the weekend, and i guess I should, but for anyone hoping for fantastic proof of the paranormal, look elsewhere! What follows is a short account of a weekend ghost hunt that was notably devoid … Continue reading