- 407,006 hits
Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Stuart Certain on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort… Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- Dealing With Ghosts, Part One: Some friendly advice for journalists, T.V. researchers and writers.
- Revisiting a Haunted House: Gustav Holst and The Cheltenham Ghosts.
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Watching Most Haunted: Series 3, Ep. 1 East Kirkby Airfield
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Review: Waiting for Another War - The Sisters of Mercy 1980 to 1985 by Trevor Ristow
Tag Archives: S.P.R
If you are interested in ghosts you may want to take a look. By kind permission of the editor, Dave Wood, my paper, with only the graph missing, follows. Continue reading
Anyway from 1981 to 2011 is thirty years, and ASSAP are putting together what looks to be a truly fantastic conference to be held this year at the University of Bath, on the 10-11th September. The anniversary conference is entitled Seriously Strange, and looks perfect for both the really hard core paranormal research types who are interested in ganzfeld experiments & Bem’s precognitive habituation, through the most ardent ghosthunter, and certainly given ASSAP’s always critical and sceptical approach Sceptics. Forteans will love it too, from what I can see of the line up. Continue reading
“OK, I’m in a playful mood. Last week I ended with a promise – that we would create a “ghost” in the lab, or our own homes, and experiment with it. And that, dear reader, is exactly what we are going to do today… if you want to!
I will skip the philosophical stuff, and the discussion of the cases I referenced last time for now – Campermon wants science, and while I think we have been doing science from the start let’s play with something empirical. Let’s see a ghost! Continue reading
I wrote this update for Facebook fans of my little ghost research group, GSUK. I thought I may as well share it on my blog as well! We maintain a quiet but social forum, and are always delighted to welcome … Continue reading
Please note all this is a work in progress: little more than a series of memo’s in which Becky and I are developing ideas we want to explore… OK last night I posted on a topic that interested me, and … Continue reading
OK something mildly interesting tonight – very much a preliminary set of thoughts on something Becky and I are still working on. Before she started her PhD we undertook some simple research on reports of “paranormal experiences” together, using a novel new methodology which is actually quite close to that used by the SPR in the 1894 Census of Hallucinations. And something has already come up that I find fascinating! Continue reading