- 332,559 hits
Peter Laws (@revpete… on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (80)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (19)
- Games (44)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (122)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (79)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (81)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (6)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (154)
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- A Suffolk Tragedy --The Red Barn Murder; Polstead, Suffolk, 1828
- The Futurist Movement; Italian Art & History - a very short introduction
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Boardgame Review: Agricola
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Dying by inches?: Understanding our NHS as it is now.
Tag Archives: Charismatic Christian Churches
I am aware of the byzantine politics of the Spiritualist movement, and the complex theological, administrative and personality clashes which sometimes (always?) arise. In this the Spiritualist National Union is much like any other church, or much like any other organisation, be it poetry club or gardening society.
In those two factors, economic issues and doubtless some political manoeuvring we see the immediate reasons for the decline of Psychic News (a newspaper that as long term reader of this blog may recall once featured me on the front page!). It is a shame, but possibly to be expected. And yet… Continue reading →