Join 1,732 other subscribers
- 416,257 hits
Jacklyn on TV Review: Panthera Britannia… Chris Jensen Romer on The Letters of M.R. James spectralpenman on The Letters of M.R. James Jasmine on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO… angelo on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (84)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (8)
- Fun forthcoming events (21)
- Games (49)
- History (37)
- History religion and society (4)
- Paranormal (132)
- Religion (53)
- Reviews and Past Events (89)
- Science (84)
- Social commentary desecrated (88)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (172)
- Cheltonia : curiosities of Cheltenham.
- Crafting Gentleness
- Games from Folktales
- GSUK – my ghost forum
- Gurdur's Blog
- Meditative Dishwashing
- Oasis Stories – modern fiction and myth
- Public Parapsychology
- Richard Wiseman
- Roy Stenman's Paranormal Review
- Skeptiko Podcast
- The Amazing Meeting London
- The Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley
- The BS Historian
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Rather Friendly Sceptic
- The Tytalan Way
- Indie RPG Review: Polaris -- Chivalric Tragedy at the Utmost North
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2023)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- A foxy ghost?
- UKGamesExpo 2013
- Absent Friends?
- Boardgame Review: Final Girl
- In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFOlogist - 1967 - 2023.
- CJ Events at Games Expo 2023, Birmingham NEC. June 2nd to 4th.
Category Archives: Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life
Boardgame review: Final Girl – The Haunting of Creech Manor
A quick post tonight: I did another play through of this solo boardgame based on 80’s horror flicks. This time it’s Poltergeist: you have moved in to Creech Manor and very quickly discover that it is horribly haunted. So you … Continue reading
I was just lying here basking in the sun with Hansine cat, looking at the RuneQuest rpg rules. An illustration struck me suddenly, a line drawing by Luise Perrene or Lisa Free; as familiar as William Church art, something from … Continue reading
Posted in Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life Tagged Brame, culford heath, Ingham, lodge farm, Romer, Stennett, Suffolk, USAF Leave a comment
The Letters of M.R. James
There has been a bit of a kerfuffle this week in the Jamesian community after a savage TLS review by A.S.G.Edwards of Casting the Runes: The Letters of M.R.James by Jane Mainley-Piddock utterly trashed it. My problem with the book … Continue reading
CJ Events at Games Expo 2023, Birmingham NEC. June 2nd to 4th.
Plenty of spaces in my events at Games Expo UK this year so if you enjoy role-playing games or have never tried them do come along. I will also be helping out at the Pelgrane Press stall. You can learn … Continue reading
In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFOlogist – 1967 – 2023.
Today is the funeral of my friend and ASSAP Vice Chair Robert Moore: UFOlogist, folklorist, and researcher. We are thinking of his friends and family and raising a glass to his memory. A number of ASSAP friends are travelling to … Continue reading
The Sisters Grene
I wandered in to Cheltenham today to buy some jeans as my trousers are falling apart; on the way I decided to pop in to a new shop at The Brewery, just five minutes gentle stroll from my home. I … Continue reading
Thought for the day: Poltergeists’ People.
I have resolved since changing my meds and finding myself able to concentrate better to start blogging again. It requires time, and I don’t have much, but I dutifully set an alarm and I get prompts to write. Today’s was … Continue reading
Cheltenham Haunting Part 2: The ghost story continues
Yesterday I told the unfortunate story of a not-so haunted house in Cheltenham, and apparently put some of you off KFC bargain buckets for life. Despite the slightly disappointing resolution of the haunted house case (“Dear Reader; I was that … Continue reading
Review: Heavy Metal (1981) film; music, sexism and gaming culture.
I’m notorious for never watching TV or movies but I’m currently reading Designers & Dragons Shannon Appelcline’s wonderful history of the rpg industry and immersed in 1970s and 1980s culture. While doing so I chanced upon the cover of White … Continue reading →