- 408,643 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- My Father: Eulogy for Gunnar Romer.
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Richard Wiseman's Paranormality: A good, but fundamentally limited book?
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- How To See A Ghost - At Home!
- Studying the Paranormal: serious online courses in Parapsychology
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Why Everything We Think We Know About Ghosts Is (Probably!) Wrong
- Who Ya Gonna Call? The Problem with British Ghosthunting
- The Case Against "Paranormal Unity"; or why Ghost Hunters have become meaningless.
Tag Archives: JREF
On Thursday I’m Talking Ghosts At Skeptics In the Pub, Cheltenham Science Festival Fringe. Controversy May Ensue :D
So I am trying to write my talk on The Science of Ghosts for Thursday night… Continue reading
I like James Randi, a lot. He has had a rough year, and I wish him well – and I have long supported the JREF, despite endless objections to some of Randi’s videos. Long time readers of this blog will … Continue reading
You can say what you like about Professor Brian Cox, the guy has style. The discussion of the Infinite Monkey Cage episode on spooks et al. led to his Twitter postings that apparently caused outrage, and the amusing little spat … Continue reading
Following the bizarre collapse of the Richard Dawkins forum, I posted this on the excellent Rationalia and Thinking Aloud Forums. It will be my last blog entry on atheist forum politics 😦 I am after all not actually an atheist!
OK, I think I’m giving up on the whole atheist forum thing. I’ll tell you why, then move on to other topics tomorrow…
Firstly, I am still shocked, saddened and miserable about the demise of the wonderful RichardDawkins.net/forum. The problem is I have seen it ALL before, and not so long ago. If I thought this was Josh Timonen’s fault, or Dawkins, I could just laugh and move on, and help fight. The thing is I can’t any more. It’s something fundamental and deeper. Continue reading
While I don’t have as much free time as I would like these days, the forum at http://forum.richarddawkins.net/ remains one of my favourite places to hang out on the net, along with the JREF forum and UK Skeptics. My beliefs … Continue reading