Join 1,732 other subscribers
- 416,257 hits
Jacklyn on TV Review: Panthera Britannia… Chris Jensen Romer on The Letters of M.R. James spectralpenman on The Letters of M.R. James Jasmine on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO… angelo on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (84)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (8)
- Fun forthcoming events (21)
- Games (49)
- History (37)
- History religion and society (4)
- Paranormal (132)
- Religion (53)
- Reviews and Past Events (89)
- Science (84)
- Social commentary desecrated (88)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (172)
- Cheltonia : curiosities of Cheltenham.
- Crafting Gentleness
- Games from Folktales
- GSUK – my ghost forum
- Gurdur's Blog
- Meditative Dishwashing
- Oasis Stories – modern fiction and myth
- Public Parapsychology
- Richard Wiseman
- Roy Stenman's Paranormal Review
- Skeptiko Podcast
- The Amazing Meeting London
- The Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley
- The BS Historian
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Rather Friendly Sceptic
- The Tytalan Way
- Indie RPG Review: Polaris -- Chivalric Tragedy at the Utmost North
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2023)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- A foxy ghost?
- UKGamesExpo 2013
- Absent Friends?
- Boardgame Review: Final Girl
- In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFOlogist - 1967 - 2023.
- CJ Events at Games Expo 2023, Birmingham NEC. June 2nd to 4th.
Tag Archives: Phantasms of the Living
Elliot O’Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
It’s hard to believe it is fourteen years since I wrote this piece, and it reflects my ideas at that time. I have however, with some embarrassment as some of my ideas have changed, reproduced it here. I hope it … Continue reading
Posted in Paranormal Tagged Andrew Green, Andrew Lang, apparitions, Arthur Machen, astral double, banshees, Berry Pomeroy, Bristol ghosthunters, Celtic Twilight, Clifton College Bristol, Death Omensm ghosts, Elementals, Elliot O'Donnell, Eric Quigley, folklore, For Satan's Sake, ghosthunters, Ghosthunting, ghosts as recordings, ghosts of the future, Golden Dawn, Harry Price, Irish Ghosthunters, Nigel Kneale, Paranormal, Phantasms of the Living, poltergeists, psychical research, psychism, Queen's Service Academy Dublin, Rev. Wynn Wescott, Society for Psychical Research, Stonetape Theory, werewolves, werwolves 17 Comments