Join 1,628 other followers
- 411,612 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- Running Ars Magica - advice for new story guides, part one
- RPG Review: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes for HeroQuest 2
- About My Hobby for Non-Gamers: An Introduction to the 5th Edition Ars Magica Roleplaying Game
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- Debunking the Myth that Jesus Never Existed - the Historical Sources for Jesus, Part One
- Thoughts on The Society for Psychical Research
- Is this a ghost in Cheltenham's Playhouse Theatre?
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Why Do Ghosts Go "Woo"? Part One.
- Why Everything We Think We Know About Ghosts Is (Probably!) Wrong
Tag Archives: paranormalisation’ of our popular culture.
I am aware of the byzantine politics of the Spiritualist movement, and the complex theological, administrative and personality clashes which sometimes (always?) arise. In this the Spiritualist National Union is much like any other church, or much like any other organisation, be it poetry club or gardening society.
In those two factors, economic issues and doubtless some political manoeuvring we see the immediate reasons for the decline of Psychic News (a newspaper that as long term reader of this blog may recall once featured me on the front page!). It is a shame, but possibly to be expected. And yet… Continue reading →