- 300,948 hits
Task 2: Research | e… on A Suffolk Tragedy –The R… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Adam on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E… Kate Jay-R on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (79)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (17)
- Games (42)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (121)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (76)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (79)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (5)
- Uncategorized (2)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (151)
- The Futurist Movement; Italian Art & History - a very short introduction
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Debunking the Myth that Jesus Never Existed - the Historical Sources for Jesus, Part One
- Why do I think the New Testament narratives contain historical truth?
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- A Whole New Level of Weirdness: Book Review of "Live Pterosaurs In America" (3rd Edition)
- A Suffolk Tragedy --The Red Barn Murder; Polstead, Suffolk, 1828
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Boardgame Review: Ticket to Ride Europe
Tag Archives: New Atheism
A brief post for me, but a very important one. I know (from emails and comments) that a large number of ex-Richarddawkins.net forum members are passing this way in search of information. After a few days of gracious hosting from … Continue reading
So, the anger and outrage about recent events at RichardDawkins.net continues unabated. I think it’s two days no since I jokingly posted a thread at Rationalia.com called “In Praise of Josh Timonen”, the rather feeble joke being that I could not find anything to say.
Well now I have, so I’ll say it. I have never met Josh, and i have no idea who he is., apart from Richard Dawkins dedicated book to him I’m sure he is lovely, kind and well meaning. He has on this occasion shown a VERY sick sense of humour, rickrolling people trying to back up the database of posts. He has acted incredibly poorly in his dismissal of the forummods after repeated assurances they would be consulted on the new forum. Continue reading
OK, OK, I know I said I would not write on this tedious topic any more. But the despondency of this morning at seeing a lot of hurt unhappy people and musing over ‘rationalist’ websites ability to explode has no turned to mild good humoured amusement. Richard Dawkins managed to cheer me up – not because I agreed with him or anything he says on this topic, but because it was good old bellicose belligerent Dawkins coming out fighting, and because know we know not to blame Josh. PZ Myers has washed his hands of the matter, not wanting to get dragged in, but Richard has posted on his forum (shame nobody else can!)
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=110356 Continue reading
Following the bizarre collapse of the Richard Dawkins forum, I posted this on the excellent Rationalia and Thinking Aloud Forums. It will be my last blog entry on atheist forum politics😦 I am after all not actually an atheist!
OK, I think I’m giving up on the whole atheist forum thing. I’ll tell you why, then move on to other topics tomorrow…
Firstly, I am still shocked, saddened and miserable about the demise of the wonderful RichardDawkins.net/forum. The problem is I have seen it ALL before, and not so long ago. If I thought this was Josh Timonen’s fault, or Dawkins, I could just laugh and move on, and help fight. The thing is I can’t any more. It’s something fundamental and deeper. Continue reading