Join 1,732 other subscribers
- 416,219 hits
Jacklyn on TV Review: Panthera Britannia… Chris Jensen Romer on The Letters of M.R. James spectralpenman on The Letters of M.R. James Jasmine on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO… angelo on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (84)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (8)
- Fun forthcoming events (21)
- Games (49)
- History (37)
- History religion and society (4)
- Paranormal (132)
- Religion (53)
- Reviews and Past Events (89)
- Science (84)
- Social commentary desecrated (88)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (172)
- Cheltonia : curiosities of Cheltenham.
- Crafting Gentleness
- Games from Folktales
- GSUK – my ghost forum
- Gurdur's Blog
- Meditative Dishwashing
- Oasis Stories – modern fiction and myth
- Public Parapsychology
- Richard Wiseman
- Roy Stenman's Paranormal Review
- Skeptiko Podcast
- The Amazing Meeting London
- The Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley
- The BS Historian
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Rather Friendly Sceptic
- The Tytalan Way
- CJ Events at Games Expo 2023, Birmingham NEC. June 2nd to 4th.
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- Heroquest 2.0 - the first mini-review?
- A Gloucester Road Ghost
- In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFOlogist - 1967 - 2023.
- The Letters of M.R. James
- Boardgame review: Final Girl - The Haunting of Creech Manor
- TV Review: Panthera Britannia - are there big cats in the British countryside?
- Wanna be a Ghosthunter? Charity event, Ghostfest Southwest, Friday 17th - Sunday 19th June 2011
Tag Archives: Martin Gardner
Ghosts, God and the Trouble With Ghosthunters.
So as Martin Gardner said, I think the decline of traditional religious belief may actually underlie, rather than be the opposite of, this explosion of popular ghosthunting. Still a great article by Hayley, and got me thinking as normal. Now I really must go do some work! Continue reading
Posted in atheism, Debunking myths, Paranormal, Religion Tagged Alex Gabriel, atheism, CSICOP, Ghosthunting, Martin Gardner, paranormal belief, sceptocosm, The Heresy Club 3 Comments
Education, Atheism – are they the enemies of Reason?
I have a rather heretical thought, about ‘paranormal’ beliefs, and their relationship to atheism. I originally posed a question on Professor Dawkins forum as it was inspired by his show… Continue reading →