- 328,831 hits
Simon on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E… Denn on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (80)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (19)
- Games (44)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (122)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (79)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (81)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (6)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (154)
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Why Do Ghosts Go "Woo"? Part One.
- How I came to organise a Convention (and why you probably should too!).
- Boardgame Review: Ticket to Ride Europe
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- Watching Most Haunted: Series 3, Ep. 1 East Kirkby Airfield
- Playtest Review: HeroQuest 2 RPG.
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Debunking the Myth that Jesus Never Existed - the Historical Sources for Jesus, Part One
Tag Archives: LARP
A brief discussion of the UK rpg scene 1979 to 1985 and the prehistory of LARP in the USA and UK. Continue reading
OK, so what happened? Well about a month ago, having paid up front in July, I suddenly realised I had best sign up for some games. I chose Starship Aries, a Star Trek style game, Dulce et decorum est (set in 1938 during the Munich Crisis), Midsummer Mischief based upon the characters of PG Wodehouse, Gallery of Shades a Cthulhu game set in the 1920’s and Come Hel or Hiawatha, a game set in Viking Vinland. There were many many more games, Tolkien inspired, Science Fiction – the space marines were very colourful to look at, and even some games set in Zelazny’s fantasy worlds of Amber. Hugh played a cyberpunk game Marlowe 2020, and a different one, Collision Imminent, set on a spaceship (he had a great time in both!) Continue reading
OK, so I’m still recovering from a long weekend of debauchery. Well ok, I drank half a pint on Sunday night! 🙂 A good crowd of folks descended on Cheltenham, and some took part in almost everything, and some took … Continue reading