Join 1,732 other subscribers
- 416,258 hits
Jacklyn on TV Review: Panthera Britannia… Chris Jensen Romer on The Letters of M.R. James spectralpenman on The Letters of M.R. James Jasmine on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO… angelo on In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFO…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (84)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (8)
- Fun forthcoming events (21)
- Games (49)
- History (37)
- History religion and society (4)
- Paranormal (132)
- Religion (53)
- Reviews and Past Events (89)
- Science (84)
- Social commentary desecrated (88)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (172)
- Cheltonia : curiosities of Cheltenham.
- Crafting Gentleness
- Games from Folktales
- GSUK – my ghost forum
- Gurdur's Blog
- Meditative Dishwashing
- Oasis Stories – modern fiction and myth
- Public Parapsychology
- Richard Wiseman
- Roy Stenman's Paranormal Review
- Skeptiko Podcast
- The Amazing Meeting London
- The Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley
- The BS Historian
- The Dispersal of Darwin
- The Rather Friendly Sceptic
- The Tytalan Way
- Indie RPG Review: Polaris -- Chivalric Tragedy at the Utmost North
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2023)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- A foxy ghost?
- UKGamesExpo 2013
- Absent Friends?
- Boardgame Review: Final Girl
- In Memoriam: Robert Moore, UFOlogist - 1967 - 2023.
- CJ Events at Games Expo 2023, Birmingham NEC. June 2nd to 4th.
Tag Archives: HeroQuest
RPG Review: Sartar Kingdom of Heroes for HeroQuest 2
It’s been a while since I wrote about my hobby, roleplaying games, and what follows is a brief review of a supplement for one such game, Heroquest 2. It’s a pen and paper/tabletop rpg like Dungeons and Dragons, not a … Continue reading
The Kraken Wakes! An interview with Fabian Kuechler.
Many readers of my blog are also gamers, and know the important role roleplaying games and boardgames play in my life. In this the first of an occasional series of interviews with people I know I am talking to Fabian Keuchler, who for many years was involved with running the fabled TENTACLES roleplaying game convention in Germany, which focussed on Glorantha, Call of Cthulhu and Chaosium games. At the time I approached Fabian for the interview he was planning the TENTACLES-successor event, named The KRAKEN – because “after all the Tentacles appear you see the Kraken”, as he says in his press release! Owing to work pressures on my part I missed the gaming scoop of breaking news of the new event, but I am delighted to now post my interview with Fabian. Continue reading
Posted in Fun forthcoming events, Games, Reviews and Past Events Tagged A Piece of Shrimp, Age of Empires, Agricola, Andreas Müller, Axis and Allies, board games, BOOK of TENTACLES, Call of Cthulhu, Castle Stahleck, Chaosium, Charlie Krank, Civilization, CoC, Das Schwarze Auge, European Boardgame, Fabian Kuechler, Free-Int, Full Kraken, German board games, German boardgames, Glorantha, Greg Stafford, HeroQuest, http://www.the-kraken.de/, kraken.de, Kriegsspiele, Lawrence Whitaker, Loz Whitaker, Lunch Money, Monkey Island, Rheingold Queste, Rob Heinsoo, Robin Laws, RPG game, RQ, RQ-Con, RQ3, Runequest, RuneQuest-Gesellsch af e.V, Sandy Petersen, Schloss Neuhause, Simon Bray, Steve Jackson & Ian Livingston Adventure books, Tentacles, Tentacles Dejavu, Tentacles Omega, tentacles.de, The Kraken, Tradetalk 5 Comments