Join 1,628 other subscribers
- 413,631 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- How To See A Ghost - At Home!
- The Day I Met Myself: or how I survived my death-omen doppleganger.
- A Gloucester Road Ghost
- An Unexpected Kindness...
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- RPG Review: Mars Colony, a 2 player Tabletop RPG by Tim Koppang
- My Father: Eulogy for Gunnar Romer.
- A Churchyard Story
- Revisiting a Haunted House: Gustav Holst and The Cheltenham Ghosts.
Tag Archives: hagiography
Story time! As son of a pagan Dane, from Bury St Edmunds, you can see my interest!
I wrote this years ago – in places I use Suffolk dialect, and it’s written from the perspective of someone in 1220 Bury St Edmunds….
‘This is the tale of Saint Edmund, long regarded as the Patron Saint of England, though I understand some Crusaders pay reverence to St. George who slayed the dragon’ he announces… ‘though I have heard that owd George was foreigner!’ Continue reading