- 332,557 hits
Peter Laws (@revpete… on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (80)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (19)
- Games (44)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (122)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (79)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (81)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (6)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (154)
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- A Suffolk Tragedy --The Red Barn Murder; Polstead, Suffolk, 1828
- The Futurist Movement; Italian Art & History - a very short introduction
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Boardgame Review: Agricola
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Dying by inches?: Understanding our NHS as it is now.
Tag Archives: Evolution
No, not an attack on modular theories of mind. (If you don’t know what they are, don’t worry, it’s not relevant today)… Instead I’m talking about a claim I often see levelled against Christians who believe in Evolution — that … Continue reading
Welcome to Earth: our Home!
For the Richarddawkins.net science writing contest this month I decided to do something a bit different, and so I have designed a board game… if you are brave enough you can print it out and play it, and if you do please please do tell me how it went! Feel free to modify or improve it as you see fit.
You can see the board, counters and some of the cards here on this article, but if you want to print and play the game, and I really hope you will, then you will find it easier to download the printer friendly zip files and print the files in there which are configured for A4 card or paper. Continue reading
OK, I am getting interested in how beliefs work. Obviously, assuming we are not solipsists, we have two basic things – External Reality and the Person. The “compression” model suggests we create “mental shortcuts” or handy pieces of code based upon on our experience which allow us to deal efficiently with reality. So beliefs are in fact a sort of mental map imposed on the universe, a shorthand for understanding how things work. Continue reading
In honour of Darwin 150, and those great men of Science the Young Earth Creationists – those who believe the world was created just a few thousand years agio in seven literal days by God – I thought it was the duty of an Evolutionist like me to join them this year in attempting to rip Evolutionary theory to shreds. 🙂 This is not a game for Creationist types – it’s actually for the rest of us to set about trying to falsify the current Evolutionary hypothesis, which we hold true. After all, as Popper pointed out, falsification is the heart of the scientific method? So let’s try and falsify Darwin! Continue reading