Join 1,628 other subscribers
- 413,718 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- Watching Most Haunted: Series 3, Ep. 1 East Kirkby Airfield
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Running Ars Magica - advice for new story guides, part one
- The Battle of Fornham 1173: re-fought with Ars Magica!
Tag Archives: Dursley
I said I’d write something about the weekend, and i guess I should, but for anyone hoping for fantastic proof of the paranormal, look elsewhere! What follows is a short account of a weekend ghost hunt that was notably devoid … Continue reading
Only got back today from GSUK’s latest ghosthunt, this time to the Ancient Ram, Wotton-Under-Edge, and the Old Bell Hotel, Dursley. I’ll write up our adventures tomorrow as I’m too tired tonight, but rather than keep everyone waiting, I did not see any ghosts! Continue reading
Anyway the summer of 1993 saw me reasonably well versed in parapsychology, and how to investigate a “haunting”. That summer I was contacted by a gentleman who owned a small hotel, and who stated his family who lived there had been troubled by a series of ghostly happenings – could we do something about it? Immediately we have a problem – I want to investigate ghosts, but people who call me usually wanted to get rid of them! I am a researcher, not an exorcist, no not even a ghostbuster! Fortunately a few months earlier we had also met a psychic claimant, Morven, who asked to be tested to see if her mediumship was genuine, or self delusion, or something else! Continue reading