- 328,831 hits
Simon on Eulogy for John Francis B… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Simon on Eostre never existed???: why E… Chris Jensen Romer on Eostre never existed???: why E… Denn on Eostre never existed???: why E…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (80)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (19)
- Games (44)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (1)
- Paranormal (122)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (79)
- Science (80)
- Social commentary desecrated (81)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (6)
- Uncategorized (5)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (154)
- Eostre never existed???: why Easter is NOT a Pagan Holiday
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Why Do Ghosts Go "Woo"? Part One.
- How I came to organise a Convention (and why you probably should too!).
- Boardgame Review: Ticket to Ride Europe
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- Watching Most Haunted: Series 3, Ep. 1 East Kirkby Airfield
- Playtest Review: HeroQuest 2 RPG.
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Debunking the Myth that Jesus Never Existed - the Historical Sources for Jesus, Part One
Tag Archives: David Sivier
Anyway the good news is I thought of a compromise between being sedated in the interests of public peace (and to be fair I’m usually pretty mellow when Becky is here), and wreaking horrible vengeance on seven generations of the descendants of those who serve me diet not full fat coke or the wrong meal, or give my change to someone else, or whatever else – all those annoyances were in twenty four hours, and clearly one can see why faced with such provocation was no rational alternative but disembowelling them in a Viking blood eagle or hurling them and their kin in to pits of serpents? I decided I probably needed some exercise, and to not sit around dwelling on the craving for ciggies. Continue reading
I don’t often go to the cinema – in order I think I saw The Wizard of Oz (got scared and had to be taken out), Excalibur, Ghostbusters, Mississippi Burning, Dracula, the first Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings part one – The Fellowship of the Ring. That’s it, every film I have ever seen in my whole life at the cinema, until last night. when I went with Becky to see a film called Paranormal Activity.
I have watched about the same number of films on TV, and maybe the same again on DVD (including Star Wars, The Magnificent Seven, Battleship Potemkin, Oktober, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The Producers (original version, never seen the new one) and Dr Strangelove. I have enjoyed all these films, and maybe I should watch more; but I acknowledge that many people watch more films in a month than I have seen in my entire life, so I may be the worst person in the world to review films. However compared with the other films i have seen, let’s get one thing straight – Paranormal Activity, the film I saw last night was not very good. Continue reading
OK, so I’m still recovering from a long weekend of debauchery. Well ok, I drank half a pint on Sunday night! 🙂 A good crowd of folks descended on Cheltenham, and some took part in almost everything, and some took … Continue reading