- 408,610 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- A Serious Warning to University of Gloucestershire Students: They Aren't Lying To You About Cars (Updated for 2015)
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- Revisiting a Haunted House: Gustav Holst and The Cheltenham Ghosts.
- Indie RPG Review: Polaris -- Chivalric Tragedy at the Utmost North
- How To See A Ghost - At Home!
- Why Do Ghosts Go "Woo"? Part One.
- Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Houses
- Absent Friends?
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
Tag Archives: atheism
So as Martin Gardner said, I think the decline of traditional religious belief may actually underlie, rather than be the opposite of, this explosion of popular ghosthunting. Still a great article by Hayley, and got me thinking as normal. Now I really must go do some work! Continue reading
A brief post for me, but a very important one. I know (from emails and comments) that a large number of ex-Richarddawkins.net forum members are passing this way in search of information. After a few days of gracious hosting from … Continue reading
OK, OK, I know I said I would not write on this tedious topic any more. But the despondency of this morning at seeing a lot of hurt unhappy people and musing over ‘rationalist’ websites ability to explode has no turned to mild good humoured amusement. Richard Dawkins managed to cheer me up – not because I agreed with him or anything he says on this topic, but because it was good old bellicose belligerent Dawkins coming out fighting, and because know we know not to blame Josh. PZ Myers has washed his hands of the matter, not wanting to get dragged in, but Richard has posted on his forum (shame nobody else can!)
http://forum.richarddawkins.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=110356 Continue reading
Following the bizarre collapse of the Richard Dawkins forum, I posted this on the excellent Rationalia and Thinking Aloud Forums. It will be my last blog entry on atheist forum politics 😦 I am after all not actually an atheist!
OK, I think I’m giving up on the whole atheist forum thing. I’ll tell you why, then move on to other topics tomorrow…
Firstly, I am still shocked, saddened and miserable about the demise of the wonderful RichardDawkins.net/forum. The problem is I have seen it ALL before, and not so long ago. If I thought this was Josh Timonen’s fault, or Dawkins, I could just laugh and move on, and help fight. The thing is I can’t any more. It’s something fundamental and deeper. Continue reading
Got in late tonight, and started looking at the atheist forums — think I was in a silly mood. Continue reading