Join 1,628 other subscribers
- 413,718 hits
Re-Investigating Un-… on Re-Investigating Un-Haunted Ho… Stuart Certain on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Absent Friends? Tom Ruffles on Absent Friends? Chris Jensen Romer on Webinar uploaded: Haunted Nort…
- atheism (25)
- Debunking myths (81)
- Dreadful attempts at humour (30)
- Fiction (7)
- Fun forthcoming events (20)
- Games (45)
- History (36)
- History religion and society (3)
- Paranormal (124)
- Religion (52)
- Reviews and Past Events (82)
- Science (81)
- Social commentary desecrated (83)
- Student Life in Cheltenham (8)
- Uncategorized (15)
- Unclassifiable! (14)
- Uninteresting to others whitterings about my life (158)
- Watching Most Haunted: Series 3, Ep. 1 East Kirkby Airfield
- The Myth of the Pagan Christmas; or Why Stephen Fry was Wrong on Mythmas
- Elliot O'Donnell 1872-1965: the first great ghosthunter?
- How Sally Met Infamy: Psychic Sally Morgan Caught: or was she?
- Not Bronze Age Myths - let's end this misleading cliche
- Do try this at Home - the Mustard Seed Experiment
- The Vanishing House - a real ghost story...
- Running Ars Magica - advice for new story guides, part one
- The Battle of Fornham 1173: re-fought with Ars Magica!
Tag Archives: APRG
SPR Study Day 58 : Poltergeist Outbreaks, Then and Now
Oct 31 2009, All Day
‘Noisy spirits’ were disturbing the peace long before their naming as poltergeist effects (or even more recently as RSPK), and some unfortunate person was commonly identified as what we today would term the focus; he, or more usually she, would probably have been associated with witchcraft or demonic possession, and treated accordingly. Coming up to date, it may well turn out to be true that the raps on walls associated with these outbreaks are indeed not of this world, since acoustic analysis of paranormal raps has disclosed effects that have so far defied replication by human knuckles or other rapping mechanisms…